Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Pine Chest, Market Street

Here is a scan of the rough sketch for what will probably be the next painting.
A busy corner of Lewes, and a risky place to cross the road!! The Pine Chest is a pretty shop in an interesting building. I will try to find a bit more about the history. Got the shiny mathematical tiles which adorn many Lewes buildings. They are black, but I will paint them with blues and purples to try to get the glazed effect. Lewes FC supporter with dog speeding down the one way system on a bike...and maybe my dog sniffing out another lamp post = checking his wee mails... and lots of nice angles to play with.
Love the way the paint dries in the sketch book as usual!

2 comments:

  1. That corner is SO tricky to cross; and one I always seem to be dashing across in my hurry to get to the flea market :p Looking forward to seeing your larger version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes me too! very occasionally a nice car will stop for you... other times you play the risky game of standing on the island in the middle of the road!

    ReplyDelete