Friday 1 February 2013

Lewes Fleamarket, sunshine on a rainy day!

 Here are the next few steps on the Fleamarket! Finally all drawn out, penned in a few ideas of antiques and bric-a-brac, to make for an interesting rummage. Then the first washes get laid on. I paint with my paper on a board and angle it to let the bigger washes dry in the right direction...
All drawn out and ready for paint!

first the reds

and then the blues
blue skies and sunshine on a rainy day!
so when I finally paint in the lovely blue sky, I work with the picture upside down so the paint pigment particles slowly float downwards, and the darkest area of blue is at the top of the painting. If I have too much water, and it looks like it might burst over the edge, I very carefully lift it with a damp brush, little by little.
Now to get back to it and fill in some windows...

No comments:

Post a Comment