Thursday 24 October 2013

more sketching on a train

On the way up to London midday Wednesday

On the way home around 10pm Wednesday

Hooray! A day in London full of self indulgence with three exhibitions to visit, and sketchbook in bag.
The first train I got on heading to Victoria was so full and I was squeezed into a group of four seats with three lads. Sketching just wasnt going to happen here, so I hopped off at Haywards Heath and got the Bedford train, which was actually a much more sensible option as I could travel direct to Black
friars with no need for underground.
Anyway, this train had much more room and i was able to sketch the man opposite me who happily had his nose in the paper. Another couple joined him at Gatwick and they were deep in conversation. Sketching makes the journey fly!!
After a wonderful day with trips to The Cheapside Hoard at the Museum of London, the Illustration exhibition at the British Library and finally a wander around the gorgeous Affordable Art Fair at Battersea, I was able to sketch again on my way home.
Fab day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment